Skip to main content

The E75 still lives on

It has been over a month now and I am still using my E75 and it is going strong. Even with the v10 firmware the phone is solid. In hind sight I have made the right decision to avoid both the E97 and Omnia HD. It also proves how mature s60v3.2 is to provide a good user experience.

I have read many reviews of the N97 and all have commented saying the build quality of the phone is exceptional but actually using the phone is bad.

I have already blogged about the low memory even before the device came out and I was right. After using the 5800 of which like the N97 is not for power users. Probably in 6 months time when there have been several revisions of firmware the n97 might be worth reviewing especially when the price comes down.

What surprised me recently with the omnia hd was samsung actually have released new firmware. Even after owning the i8510 for 6 months, getting rid of it and then 6 months later there has been no firmware. Because of this I no longer will have a samsung as I cannot afford to spend a lot of money on a feature rich handset which has faults and never gets fixed. A chap I am following on Twitter has an Omnia HD. Being an avid E90 user he thought the N97 was a joke so got the samsung. He is having issues but is persevering.

Looking back over my phone choices over the past year the nokia E series have been the best in terms of build and stability. It is just a shame Nokia cannot release a converged device composed of the e series build and stability with the high end features of the n series.

The E75 is quick to respond, has a good camera for stills and video, great for messaging and is comfortable to type on.
Everything I have thrown at it works and it continues to surprise me that I have actually found a good work horse. Okay, there is no wvga, no touch, no stereo speakers and no 3" screen. But after having and trying several devices with this configuration and being disappointed. What am I missing? Just the hassle of these not working.

When I had my E90 I thought wouldn't it be great to have a smaller device with an integrated keyboard. That's why I got the 5800 but I soon got bored because of its limitations. The E63 and similar formats are great to use but a little bulky. Then enter stage left the E75. Both the size and hidden keyboard make this phone an ideal form factor.

My only criticism is qvga where I didn't think it would bother me. I do get sick of scrolling or squinting when trying to read. If there was a device with a full screen and then a slide out keyboard then that would be the next one to consider.

But until that time the E75 is still the choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Booking.com Sitcom and breakfast

  Have you ever had a booking experience so bad, it left you feeling like you were stuck in a bad sitcom? That’s what happened to me recently when I tried to book a room through Booking.com . I thought I was getting a great deal – a room for £35, plus an additional charge that I thought was for breakfast. I had used the Booking.com app to search for a hotel room, and I had applied the breakfast-included filter which added a £4 fee. However, when I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that breakfast wasn’t included and that there was an additional charge for breakfast on top of the one I had already paid. After checking my booking details, I realised that Booking.com had charged me an additional fee, despite not actually providing breakfast. This was highly disappointing and infuriating as I had specifically selected the breakfast-included filter and been charged an extra fee. I was expecting the £4 fee to cover breakfast, so I was surprised to find out that this was not the case. I

The word "Smart"

Smart - A word that has been attached to electronic devices also know as gadgets to make them look like they have some form intelligence or have clever abilities.  From smart TVs, smart phones, smart kettles, smart fridges, smart ovens to smart glasses what they all have in common is a feature or features that take them beyond their initial concept.     But how does one define smart and does adding extra features such as connectivity, control options or enhanced functionality actually make the device smart.   We've seen telephones from their infancy in the early days that were wired at home (and still are) to being carried around by everyone and from which we now plan, communicate, record  and coordinate our every  lives to the extent if  the "smart phone" is not with us; we cannot function or we forget what it "used" to be like without having the constant need to record our everyday movements or the check in with what is "happening" in the world.   We

The Fruit Watch - First day opinions

I've been a user of smart watches for the past 2-3 years, first backing the pebble on kickstarter, the cookoo , purchasing a sony smart watch one ,  purchasing a pebble steel , backing the pebble time  but always said on twitter I'd not get an apple watch, that it will be like a bracelet once the battery runs out and that pebble is really the one for me given the multi OS support (android and IOS). Well eating my own words I ordered the apple watch on 10/4 at 08:05 am and it was due to arrive on 26/5.  Another person I followed on twitter who lives within my area ordered there's at 08:02 and got it on the 24/4.  On Tuesday 5/5 I had an email to expect delivery on 6/5 and yesterday it arrived. So what changed my mind.... it was certainly nothing to do with apple as I think iOS 8 in its recent incarnation and the Iphone 6 plus are both aesthetically pleasing but are bug ridden hardware and software.  It was because it's apple given they have predominantly been my choi